Monday, February 20, 2012

Ultimate Reno Combat 31

It's fight night in Reno as Ultimate Reno Combat 31 (http://www.ultimaterenocombat.com/Ultimate_Reno_Combat/home.html) came to town at the GSR and your Reno Camera Guy was there to cover all the action. There were 8 hard-hitting MMA Cage fights, including a title fight in the light heavyweight division. As you can see from the picture above I was perched in my usual position above the cage. Everything went well except for the first time ever in my career a piece of my camera fell into the ring. The shade ring on my camera fell off at the end of one fight as I hung over the ring to capture them on the floor right below me. How embarrassing. Next time I'll triple check my camera before the show.

Here's fellow camera operator Mark Cronan doing the pre-fight video with commentators Justin McIlvain and Jeremy Irwin.

Here I am with the ring announcer, Greg DeLong of Inside The Cage Radio (http://itcradio.com/). He does a great job of keeping things moving along with his booming voice and presence. I really like the post fight interviews he does in the cage with the fighters right after the match. It's a difficult situation that he pulls off with flare and insight.


Here's our crew with referee Kim Winslow. She's a real pro and a pleasure to work with. But you should've seen the look on her face when she handed me my lens shade that had fallen into the ring. I never want to see that look again.

Here I am with a couple of the ring girls. I love my job!

There's Mark in the ring video taping the post fight interview between Greg DeLong and the winner of the title match, Brad Robasciotti. It was the final fight of the night, a light heavyweight Championship match between Brad and Brandon Costa. Costa's heavy right hand which he landed regularly, seemed to have little effect on Robasciotti.  In a clash of titans, Robasciotti won the fight in the third round by TKO and is the new light heavyweight champion.

Overall it was another great night of cage fighting brought to you by Rick Collup and Blood Happens (http://shop.bloodhappens.com/). And of course Your Reno Camera Guy was there to tell you all about it.




No comments:

Post a Comment