Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Center Field at the Reno Aces

Hi Sports Fans it's your Reno Camera Guy blogging you from center field at the Reno Aces (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp?sid=t2310) I got called in to work for them last Thursday, July 14th. It's a great gig and I love being in center field. I pretty much had a locked down static shot of the picher and home plate most of the evening. Every now and then I'd have to break away for crowd shots for the smile cam, dance cam and such, but over all it was a lot of fun.

The hardest part was just lugging the gear all the way out to center field, right above the 410 mark. Even though I'm standing there working with a headset on people walking by still stop and ask questions like I've got nothing else to do. I smile at them and chat if I'm not busy but usually I give them the old "I'm working" and point at my headset like someone is talking to me even though they aren't. The great thing about center field besides the fan interaction is that you can see everything and have a great view of the whole ball park.

The only challenge I had was as the sun slowly set over the Sierra's I had to white balance my camera about 4 different times and changed my filter once. Good thing the Aces had their bright white pants on. I just pushed in on the center fielder whenever I needed to. It's a real challenge for the TD to keep all the cameras matched when you go from full on sun at the begining of the game to stadium lights by the end. But he pulled it off and all was good. Thank you Aces for giving me the call to work but that's what I do because I'm your Reno Camera Guy. Living the life in Center Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment