Friday, March 4, 2011

Camera Op for the 2011 Nev High School State Basketball Championships

 Hi Sport fans, another Nevada State High School Basketball season has come to an end. I worked 8 games over 2 days at the Orleans arena in Las Vegas. The in-house crew there are pro's and were a pleasure to work with. We brought in all our own gear and crew from Reno. Everything traveled nicely, no technical glitches at all. I spent all 8 games under the North end basket just where I want to be. I love being so close to the action. Only a couple of close calls, a random ball to the head or player at my feet but no real run ins with wayward bodies. It's good to be on a chair with wheels. The most fun is following a break away play from the other end of the court as it develops right at you. I always held my ground and got the shot even though my nerves where tingling. Things do appear closer threw a view finder. I love that feeling you can only get from a live event. It was a thrill and great fun watching these athletes compete from all over the state.

No comments:

Post a Comment